Something I always tell people about eating healthy is to have fun with it! It shouldn’t be some a punishment or horrible chore that you have to do. Eating clean is not easy but it doesn’t have to be miserable. That’s when you can start getting creative. Homemade condiments and sauces are one way to get unnecessary ingredients out of your diet and connect with your food!
Here’s an easy quick recipe for pesto that can go on top of anything! Eggs, veggies, meats, even by itself if the moments calls for it 🙂
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic (if you’re not a huge fan of garlic, take it down to 2 cloves)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups basil (about 2 small bunches or 1 large bunch)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In your food processor, grind walnuts and garlic together until it has a rice-like consistency.
- Add in basil, olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Blend until everything is well-mixed and super green! The viscosity should be hardy and not runny.
- Add to whatever you’re craving at the moment!
Seen here on top of some ground beef egg muffins 🙂
If you want to be adventurous, try adding mint, parsley or other fresh herbs to the mix. Play around with ingredients and see what you can come up with. ¡Buen provecho!